Based in Melbourne, Australia our purpose built facility provides customers with a complete contract manufacturing solution including Research and Development, Product Development, Regulatory Support, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Warehousing, Local and International Distribution.
Ross Laboratories is a full service TGA licenced manufacturer of topical products and cosmetics. Our core expertise includes sun care, personal care, skin care, cosmetics and topical therapeutic products.
To become the partner of choice for leading consumer brand owners in the markets in which we operate, via a clear focus on value-adding to our clients’ businesses. This will be achieved via providing continuous innovation supported by world class customer service and outstanding supply chain management.
Through our ongoing commitment to people, quality, service and excellence we will ensure a profitable and positive partnership for all of our stakeholders
‘A Leading Provider To The Health, Beauty & Personal Care Industry for 100 Years.’
As one of Australia’s oldest successful family businesses, Ross Laboratories has an extensive history which plays a major part in the history of cosmetic manufacture in Australia.
The company was founded in 1921 by James Ross as J & H Ross. The company commenced operations as an importer of cosmetics from overseas.
The company commenced manufacturing cosmetics products from it’s premises in Flinders Lane, Melbourne.
By the 1940’s the company was producing at full capacity and moved to a larger premises in West Melbourne. Under contract, the company produced brand name products for some of the world’s biggest personal care companies. During the war, the company was declared a protected industry for the manufacture of army medical products.
1950 - 1960
Through the 1950’s & 1960’s the company continued to expand, requiring extensions and additional warehouse facilities in Spencer Street in Melbourne.
In the 1970’s the company changed its name to Ross Cosmetics (Aust) Pty. Ltd. In 1973 the operations were moved to the current 2.55 hectare site in Tullamarine.
By 1980 the company had completed it’s move to its present site, a modern purpose built facility in Tullamarine in Melbourne. This marked the start of a period of rapid modernisation with expansion of manufacturing capability, implementation of an MRP system and gaining a Therapeutic Goods Administration licence to manufacture topical therapeutic products.
In 2021 the company celebrates it’s 100th year with a name change to Ross Laboratories to reflect it’s current status as one of the largest personal care, skin care and cosmetic manufacturers in Australia. The company is still family owned and operated, with the 4th generation of the Ross family now involved in leading the business into the future.